Automotive repair shops, electricians, plumbers, lawyers, realtors, dentists, doctors, accountants, etc. are heavily regulated to protect the consumer from receiving substandard work or getting ripped off. However, the computer industry is still highly unregulated and there aren’t any laws in existence to protect the consumer. Here are a few tips to keep from getting taken to the cleaners when choosing a managed services provider or IT consultant. Read more
In today’s business environment, it is very common for IT companies to advocate their commitment to constant improvement and innovation. But what does that even mean and how many companies are only reacting to a much larger underlying problem and branding the “quick-fix” as a fundamental improvement to their core service delivery? More importantly, how does this impact the end user and how does the counterfeit “pre-emptive” approach to continual service improvement translate to actual value to the client? Well, in as elementary terms as possible, if it’s fake it’s not real. Read more
A new Microsoft backed research study discovered that SMBs worldwide fritter away some $24 billion in productivity annually by assigning non-technical personnel to manage their IT environments. Read between the lines, and the study makes the case for small businesses to more effectively leverage Managed Service Providers and cloud solutions.
Some highlights of the study’s findings:
- On average, involuntary IT managers lose about 300 hours per year of business productivity while managing IT
- 36 percent of involuntary IT managers feel that IT management is a nuisance
- 26 percent indicated they don’t feel qualified to manage IT
- 60 percent of want to simplify their company’s technology solutions to alleviate the difficulty of managing IT day-to-day Read more
If your data is important to your business and you cannot afford to have your operations halted for days – even weeks – due to data loss or corruption, then you need to read this report and act on the information inside. This report will outline the most commonly made, costly mistakes that most small business owners make with their data backups, as well as important questions you should ask any offsite backup provider before giving them access to your data.
- What remote, offsite, or managed backups are, and why EVERY business should have them in place.
- 12 critical characteristics you should absolutely demand from any backup service; do NOT trust your data to anyone who does not meet these criteria.
- Where tape backups fail and give you a false sense of security…
- Frightening trends, cases, and questions every business owner should know and consider regarding data security.
- The single most important thing to look for in a remote backup service provider.